The Ministry of Mines and Energy offers a range of services related to the energy, diamond, geoscience, mining and petroleum sectors.
Directorate of Diamond Affairs
- Monitoring and regulating the Namibian diamond industry.
- Transporting, storing, importing and exporting of diamonds
- Regulating the supplying of rough diamonds to local cutting and polishing factories
Directorate of Mines
- Promoting the optimal exploitation of Namibia's mineral resources
- Integrating the mining industry with all other sectors of the economy
- Granting of non-exploration, exploration and mining licenses
- Providing geo-physics information on mineral exploration
- Providing funds to small scale miners
Directorate of Energy
- Regulating the supply of energy by power suppliers
- Developing the countries energy sector
- Implementing government policies on energy
- Facilitating the implementation of the petroleum act and issuing of retailer and wholesaler licenses
- Providing loans for instalments of solar pumps, solar home systems, solar heaters and solar cookers and stoves
Geological Survey of Namibia
The Geological Survey of Namibia (GSN) houses a wealth of geoscience data, information and other geoscience materials
gathered throughout the history of the organisation. These data underpin the services and products provided by GSN.
GSN offers a range of geoscientific services to the wider geoscience community in Namibia and beyond, government
institutions to municipalities, universities and research organisations and the general public.
Directorate of Petroleum Affairs
- Awarding of reconnaissance license
- Awarding of oil and gas exploration licenses
- Providing statistics on fuel adjustments and fuel consumption