The Division of Engineering and Environmental Geology (DEEG) consists of 2 Subdivisions - Environmental Geology and Engineering Geology.
Major Tasks of the Division
- Independent environmental monitoring and inspection of active mines.
- Monitoring and assessment of risk potential of abandoned mines.
- Contribution to coastal management, urban and land use planning.
- Operation of environmental, rock and soil mechanical laboratories
- Steering the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) for the Uranium Rush and Strategic Environmental Management Plan (SEMP) office
Plays a leading role in the protection of vulnerable
scarce natural resources such as water, soil and biodiversity in the mining and related environment
Deals with engineering geology/ geotechnical problems/ risks associated with different various soil and rock
formations throughout the country.